Saturday, October 20, 2012

Beachy Chest Revamp

This week I finished painting this lovely old chest white. Sometimes there is nothing like a classic white wash to give an old girl a new look! Would you agree? I have had these chests; there are two, since I was a young girl just out of home. My mum bought them for me and boy have they travelled to some places. Back when I lived in Sydney, I think I moved nearly every six months from the age of 18 to 33 years of age. I think they are tad sentimental!

  I think it looks much more beachy and modern now... I do love a restyle and revamp!
Thought I would share this snap showing a few of my favorite things/ objects. How I do love feathers, rope and hooks to decorate with!
Every week, I try to come up with a new way to express "Make do and style" on Instagram. Here is this weeks pic, I actually think this is my favorite so far. Join in the #makedoandstyle fun on instagram and twitter, anyone is welcome to play.

Thanks for popping by, I do hope your enjoying your weekend! Such lovely sunny weather here in Brisbane. Rach xx 

One more thing, the lovely Tanya from Scandi Coast Home has started a Saturday linky party. She is such a lovely girl, You simply must drop over and tell her I said Hi. 


7 comments:

Scandi Coast Home said...

Hi Rachael,
These chests look great painted white......
How awesome ;O)
You should link this post to my Link Party.
Have a great Saturday arvo!
Tania xx

Hip Brown said...

Hi Tanya,
Just linked up, very excited... love a party. xx

Desire Empire said...

It looks fab in white and I see you nailed the fish net lantern. Thanks for the tips in instagram. I'll give it another go this Arvo.
Carolyn

Hip Brown said...

Thanks Carolyn.Those fish nets are v addictive, just love them. Hope your having a great weekend! xx

vintagemovement said...

This chest looks fantastic - nautical chic!. Such a great re vamp thanks for sharing.
:) Tina

Hip Brown said...

Hi Tina, Thanks for dropping by! Thank you for your lovely comments, glad you like my revamp.
Rach

Pippa said...

Such a clever improvement on the old chest! :)