Thursday, October 11, 2012

Make Do and Style the Coastal Thrifting Way

Do you like beach themed finds and souvenirs to remind you of your favourite beach, view or holiday travels? I do, there is something beautifully harmonic about coastal decor that can physically transcend actual location. Why not try to capture the loveliness of the oceanside somehow at your house? Perhaps you could simply pop it in your kit bag or beach bucket and bring it home to your abode?
Beach styling by  Peaches and Maple. Love the beachy blue and green colours, shells and bottles! Photography and Styling also by Cas, follow on Instagram at peachesandmaple
 Thrifty Finds by Jo at Coastal Home Love. Loving this thrifty pineapple find "Hello bingo" I do believe this is quite the thrifty score! Styling and photography also by Jo, follow on Instagram at coastalhomelove
Some fabulous beachy "make do and style" finds purchased from Target (or Tarjay, Tarjay, Tarjay) by mumlittle. Styling and photography also by Hayley, follow on Instagram @ mumlittle
Large sea shell and vignette of vases and flowers by Natashinoz. Love, love, love this circle of loveliness; it also has quite a fabulous vintage- late 50's look going on! Styling and photography also by Natasha, follow on Instagram at Natashainoz
 Twine knotted over glass jar with feathers and shells by me (Rach). I often feel quite the crappy daughter because I live so far away from my mum, her home is a good 6hrs drive away from Brisbane where I live. So I like to make simple little things for her that hopefully brighten her day. Styling and Photography also by me, Follow on Instagram at Hipbrown.



Lovely outdoor birdy nook and mini pine by Kylie at Stylish Settings (photography and styling also by Kylie). Follow on instagram @ sylishkylie


Nan's old rikity rusted out scales are now a lovely quaint planter by Juz savage. This is one of my favourite kinds of "Make do and styling" because it wont tip the budget (or the scales ;-)) and has oodles of family tradition too! Styling and photograhy also by Juz, follow on Instagram at Juzsavage

I do love all this beach thriftiness and make do and styling. Keep on tagging @ #makedoandstyle on Instagram or Twitter and if I can theme and match it somehow/ someway I will keep on sharing!!! 
Thanks for popping by 
Rach xx

11 comments:

Scandi Coast Home said...

Every last one of these is soooooooooo beautiful! I am partial to a bit of coastal styling occasionally ;O)
Tania xx

Hip Brown said...

Hee hee Tania! I do love your occasional coastal styling!!! xx

Unknown said...

Great photos Rach,
My house isn't very coastal, but I love the style. Maybe one day. If I ever have a beach house????
Kylie x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hip Brown said...

Hi Kylie, My house isnt very coastal either. I just have lil beachy sentimental bits & bobs from holidays but overall theme is v un-coastal. Be totally feeling a beach house oneday too even a shack would be lovely... not fussy! Thanks for always supporting this crazy lil tag; You are a rock solid gem! Xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos Rach :) Loving all things coastal - as usual ;)
Cas x

Hip Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hip Brown said...

Thanks Cas for "make do and styling". Love your pic, great chair, fab colours and gorgeous bottles. Loverly work as always xx

Anonymous said...

Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this site. It's
simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's challenging to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and visual appearance. I must say that you've done a fantastic job
with this. Additionally, the blog loads super quick for me on Internet explorer.
Outstanding Blog!
Feel free to surf my homepage :: touchchatapp.com

Catherine said...

mmmmm, I can smell the sea air already...love your little jar, bet your Mum does too.

Completely Coastal said...

Your jar with twine is adorable!