Thursday, April 12, 2012

Teal Coloured Ocean and Beach Thrifting


Work-shopping 60's inspired Hip Brown rest/ relaxation signs for the store
This Easter, we embarked on a rather unplanned road trip to a lovely beach area in NSW called South West Rocks: If ever you visit, Trial Bay is simply a must as far as beaches go! It also happens to be very near the area, where I grew up. Easter time is fast becoming my favorite time of the year to holiday. The beach, the weather and water temperature was so absolutely perfect. I am talking lovely soft, soft sand and calm beautiful teal coloured water... for so many reasons, I found it achingly hard to leave and return to my home here in Brisbane. Alas the sign of a fabulous holiday, my friend!



Tooth's Lemonade bottle
Simply had to do a lil souvenir thrifting from a beautiful antique store I found. I purchased some gorgeous vintage bottles... surely one can never have too many, can you??
1 Pint Milk bottle
  I also so found some beach souvenirs to remind me of my favorite beach. I do think holiday souvenirs, specifically shouting out loud for the non tacky ones are a must have!
Beach Thrifting/ Souvenirs

Cowrie Shell from Trial Bay
School holidays can be a tricky time to always feel creatively connected and on top of everything especially from a business point of view. Children force me to keep things very simple and for this reason I have been enjoying work-shopping some new product ideas. I find it is something I can quite easily do with the boys around especially if they busily work on their own projects, albeit drawing or making paper airplanes. I specifically wanted to use rope, paint and wood possibly along the lines of a sign or wall artwork... Maybe even a little 60's inspired in terms of design. I do love these particular mediums and have wanted to use them in my work for ages. These are still a work in progress; The hand painted designs need more tweaking however I am looking forward to them being listed in my home-wares store oneday soon.

Hip Brown Wall Signs/ Art works

2 comments:

Sadie Dear said...

What lovely finds! You are right: you can never have enough vintage glass. I can't, anyway.

Rachael Honner said...

Thanks Sadie Dear... so glad you think so too. Some vintage beauties are definitely hard to pass by!

There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget